Role: Supply Chain Coordinator (Remote)
We are seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Supply Chain Coordinator to join our team. The perfect candidate for this role is excited by the challenges of a complex supply chain requiring in-depth coordination and project management.
As the Supply Chain Coordinator, you will play a critical role in leading the backbone of our product-focused company. You will work closely with our raw materials vendors, U.S. factory partners, and fulfillment center to ensure that we have high-quality products in the right place at the right time to delight our customers and their pets.
This role reports to the CEO with a dotted line to our head of Product Development. Given the highly cross-functional nature of this role, strong preference will be given to candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who can come into the office two days a week with the rest of our team, but we will also evaluate exceptional remote candidates.
In this role you will oversee all facets of The Foggy Dog’s supply chain and associated logistics, namely:
- Coordinate the delivery of raw materials to our U.S.-based factories
- Order raw materials and communicate on a daily basis with our suppliers to ensure materials are delivered accurately and on time
- Oversee all shipping/receiving logistics for all production-related items and raw materials. Track and confirm delivery of all shipments via UPS, FedEx, and carrier freight companies
- Conduct regular in-person supplier site audits at our Bay Area production partners
- Proactively and creatively troubleshoot solutions to any and all production issues and delays, escalating issues where necessary
- Create, send and track POs for finished goods
- Work closely with our planning and product development teams to create POs for new and replenishment orders, ensuring that POs contain accurate information in terms of cutting, sewing and packaging requirements
- Issue POs to our factories and actively project manage production to ensure on-time, accurate completion
- Identify purchase order delays, troubleshoot issues and escalate as needed
- Review accuracy and approve supplier invoices to ensure that suppliers are billing appropriately and that our partners are paid on time
- Coordinate the transport of finished goods to our 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) partner
- Ensure all POs are shipped in full and on time to our 3PL
- Optimize shipping methods for all shipments to ensure the best rate
- Communicate tracking information and packing slips to our 3PL, monitor shipment progress and ensure inventory is checked in on time once it arrives
- Serve as the main point of contact between The Foggy Dog and our 3PL partner
- Interact daily with our 3PL to ensure that inventory, orders, and returns are moving efficiently and accurately as expected
- Work together to proactively identify solutions to ensure successful operations
- Prioritize and process new receipts, manage backorders, and troubleshoot problem items as they arise
- Work closely with our customer service team to identify issues (quality control, shipping, etc.) and partner with our 3PL to resolve them quickly
- Conduct site visits annually or as needed
- Own communication with cross-functional internal stakeholders including customer service, product development, planning and marketing
- Provide regular updates and attend weekly meetings with those teams
- Understand marketing timelines, and project manage the production process to make sure we have enough inventory to support launches and marketing efforts
- Partner with our Wholesale Coordinator and 3PL team to ensure the accurate and on-time fulfillment of our wholesale orders. Manage EDI integration, order validation, packaging and labeling, fulfillment, and transportation for large national account wholesale orders.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business administration, logistics, supply chain, operations or similar
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role. The ideal candidate will have experience working in manufacturing, shipping or fulfillment
- Top 1% at organization and attention to detail
- Exceptional project management skills. Able to seamlessly track a large number of follow-up items; persistent and relentless at following up where needed
- Excellent written skills, with the ability to generate clear, concise, professional, and grammatical communications
- Strong project manager with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Positive and can-do with a willingness to roll up your sleeves & take on any task that’s needed. A desire to get things done above all else
- A dog lover!
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a comprehensive package including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with company matching
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Generous Foggy Dog product allowance
- And of course, adorable dogs everywhere!
The Foggy Dog designs products for the modern pet parent that are as beautiful as they are functional. Pets are family, and that’s why our beds, toys and accessories are all made in the U.S. with the highest-quality materials and obsessive attention to detail. And, every order helps a shelter dogs in need.
Since launch, we have been featured in publications including Oprah Magazine, Real Simple, and Southern Living, and partnered with retailers including Anthropologie, Sak’s Fifth Avenue, Mark and Graham, Grove Collective and over 500 independent boutiques around the world.
We are a small (but mighty) female-founded company, and this role is a great way to join an eCommerce startup from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on a fast-growing company while gaining invaluable exposure to all aspects of running an eCommerce business. We are looking for employees who take ownership over their role and have the potential to grow with us and take on even bigger responsibilities over time.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Supply Chain Coordinator” in the subject line. We are a small team and every hire has a huge impact on the company, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our team. Please note that we will not evaluate resumes without cover letters.
The Foggy Dog is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations and nationalities.