Do you love community building, social media, content creation and DOGS? If so, this is your dream job. The Foggy Dog is looking for a creative, enthusiastic Social Media and Community Manager who is passionate about creating compelling digital content that celebrates the bond between humans and their dogs and showcases The Foggy Dog’s line of made-in-America pet accessories.
In this role you will drive growth by engaging with our community via social media, influencer relationships, and our Brand Ambassador program. This role combines a passion for community building with a strong understanding of social trends and how they can be translated into scroll-stopping, fun content that connects with our passionate community of dog parents.
This is a hybrid model where you will work two days/week in our San Francisco office in close partnership with our CEO and marketing team.
- Partner with the marketing team to define The Foggy Dog’s social media strategy with a video-first approach to TikTok and Instagram
- Create and own a social media calendar that aligns with the overall marketing calendar and content pillars
- Be the voice and personality of our TikTok channel. Film and create behind-the-scenes content of The Foggy Dog’s San Francisco HQ + team activities
- Concept, plan and execute fun, creative content: both producing it yourself as well as partnering with our talented and passionate community of pup parents to crowd-source content
- Own day-to-day social media activity including posting, writing captions, reactive content
- Engage with followers and participate in conversations from the brand’s voice by replying to DMs, comments, tagged photos and videos, etc.
- Capture, organize and curate unique content on an ongoing basis from consumers, Brand Ambassadors and influencers (aka: LOTS of cute puppy pics!)
Brand Ambassador Program:
- Manage our popular Brand Ambassador program with the goal of engaging and growing our community of 500+ loyal ambassador pups
- Review and approve incoming ambassador applications
- Get to know and personally cultivate relationships with our top ambassadors
- Creatively engage with our ambassador community including: focus groups, product testing, our monthly ambassador newsletter, sponsored photo shoots, ambassador-only social channels, fun monthly challenges, etc.
- Execute monthly brand ambassador commission payments and monitor coupon code usage
- Identify, connect with, and cultivate relationships with promising influencers who are engaged dog parents and are aligned with our brand and marketing goals
- Own all influencer outreach & communications, including initial pitches, contracts, and support requests
- Manage the influencer gifting process including product and sizing selection, order placements, and liaising with fulfillment team to ensure timely delivery
- Monitor participating influencers’ accounts to ensure timely follow through and accurate tagging of UGC
- Track costs and KPIs; regularly report on performance of the influencer program and own the influencer database
- 3-5+ years in marketing including direct experience managing social media accounts for a company. Experience with influencer / ambassador programs is a plus
- Dynamic personality who loves to be in front of the camera
- Significant experience as a TikTok creator; you’ll be asked to share a portfolio or existing TikTok channel demonstrating your capabilities
- Natural proficiency in social media with an intuitive sense for trends, best practices and influencers
- A born relationship manager who loves to connect with others and is extremely outgoing
- A clear understanding of The Foggy Dog’s brand and what type of content is on-brand. The ideal candidate has a strong eye for design and can intuitively identify high-quality visuals
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to generate clear, concise, professional, and grammatical communications
- Strong project manager with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities
- Graphic design capabilities and experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Positive and can-do with a willingness to roll up your sleeves & take on any task that’s needed. A desire to get things DONE above all else
- A dog lover! Ideally you are a dog parent yourself
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer a comprehensive package including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Generous Foggy Dog product allowance
- The ability to bring your dog to work (please do!)
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Media and Community Manager” in the subject line. Please include a link to your content portfolio / TikTok channel. We are a small team and every hire has a huge impact on the company, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our team. Please note that we will not evaluate resumes without cover letters.