As the Production Manager, you will oversee the end-to-end production process including product development, sourcing, day-to-day supply chain operations, and inventory management with the goal of producing high-quality products that surprise and delight our customers. This role reports to the CEO and Founder.
The Foggy Dog designs products for the modern pet parent that are as beautiful as they are functional. Pets are family, and that’s why our beds, toys and accessories are all made in the U.S. with the highest-quality materials and obsessive attention to detail. And, every order helps a shelter dogs in need.
Since launch, we have been featured in publications including Oprah Magazine, Real Simple, and Southern Living, and partnered with retailers including Anthropologie, Bloomingdale’s, CB2, Paper Source and over 300 independent boutiques around the world.
We are a small (but mighty) female-founded company, and this role is a great way to join an ecommerce startup from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on a fast-growing company while gaining invaluable exposure to all aspects of running an ecommerce business. We are looking for employees who take ownership over their role and have the potential to grow with us and take on even bigger responsibilities over time.
- Work closely with the CEO to help develop new products and styles, managing to a seasonal product launch calendar and margin goals
- Oversee all product milestones including tech packs, sampling, costing, BOMs, testing, product photography and launch onto our four sales channels
- Source raw materials with an eye toward cost, quality, and performance
- Coordinate and conduct fit tests, oversee pattern development and grading
- Maintain materials library with properly labeled content, status, and price
- Own all day-to-day production operations to ensure timely delivery of finished product that meets our quality standards
- Create and allocate POs for new and replenishment orders
- Coordinate, ship and track fabric and raw materials to our supplier network
- Communicate daily with suppliers to ensure progress against open production orders
- Help our suppliers continuously improve quality and efficiency; create Standard Operating Procedures, conduct periodic factory site visits and assist with training
- Evaluate suppliers’ ability to scale with business growth; actively source and vet potential new partners
- Ensure labeling and packaging meet company and wholesale requirements
- Maintain internal tracking documents, calendars, files, spreadsheets, etc.
- We are a small team and you will also be deeply involved in forecasting and inventory management
- Help manage to optimal inventory levels by utilizing historic and current sales data to generate reorders, achieve inventory turn goals and avoid supply disruption
- Partner with fulfillment team to maintain accurate finished goods inventory
- Track inventory of raw materials/trims and conduct regular supplier site audits
- Serve as the point person for our product database and inventory system
Reporting and Analysis:
- Regularly report on key metrics, conduct analyses, and make recommendations to help inform cross-functional decisions
- Evaluate performance data and customer feedback for product-related issues and investigate root causes related to production
- We are a startup and that means we all roll up our sleeves to help where needed. This can include occasionally picking up goods from our factories, helping to count inventory, pitching in with customer service, etc.
- 4-5+ years relevant experience in product development, supply chain, or manufacturing operations, ideally in apparel or home goods
- Thorough understanding of the product development process including fabric and trim sourcing and evaluation, dyeing, finishing, QA/QC, testing, and compliance
- Experience working closely with cut & sew factories
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, vlookups) and Google Docs; ideally some experience with inventory management and/or PLM systems
- Technical sewing expertise is a plus
- Established relationships with suppliers is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent project manager with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities
- Comfortable with ambiguity; excited about developing new processes and structure
- A born problem solver who is never satisfied with the status quo and constantly wants to improve
- Positive and can-do with a willingness to roll up your sleeves & take on any task that’s needed. A desire to get things DONE above all else
- Mathematically inclined with strong analytic skills; a reputation for superb accuracy
- A dog lover! Dogs are welcome in the office and our goldendoodle is there every day
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer a comprehensive package including:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Generous Foggy Dog product allowance
- And of course, adorable dogs everywhere!
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Production Manager Application” in the subject line. We are a small team and every hire has a huge impact on the company, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our team. Please note that we will not evaluate resumes without cover letters.