The Foggy Dog designs products for the modern pet parent that are as beautiful as they are functional. Pets are family, and that’s why our beds, toys and accessories are all made in the U.S. with the highest-quality materials and obsessive attention to detail. And, every order helps a pup in need.
Since launch, we have been featured in publications including Oprah Magazine, Real Simple, and Southern Living, and partnered with retailers including Anthropologie, Nordstrom, CB2 and over 300 independent boutiques around the world.
We are a small (but mighty) team, and this role is a great way to join an ecommerce startup from the ground up. We are looking for employees who take ownership over their role and have the potential to grow with us and take on even bigger roles over time.
We are looking for an Operations Assistant to help oversee order fulfillment, inventory management, and basic merchandising tasks. While we prefer full-time (40 hrs/week), this position can be part-time (25-30 hrs/week including full days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday). This position is non-exempt.
ECOMMERCE ORDER FULFILLMENT
- All aspects of online order fulfillment, both retail and wholesale.
- Prepare/pick/pack shipments for online orders.
- Print shipping labels via ShipStation.
- Process customer returns and exchanges.
- Work with customer service to troubleshoot order issues.
- Physically receive new inventory: inspect and QC, count, sort, fold, and tag.
- Perform inventory audits from time to time, updating our online inventory system.
- Pick, pack and ship outbound shipments to press and sales clients as needed.
- Exceptional attention to detail. A perfectionist who wants to get things right.
- Impeccable organization skills; you love making lists and keeping things tidy.
- Diligent and conscientious. You adhere to quality standards even when it’s easier not to.
- A born problem solver who is never satisfied with the status quo and constantly wants to improve.
- Positive, can-do attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves & take on any task that’s needed.
- Quick learner who asks questions when needed, and solicits feedback at key points.
- Superb time management skills. You use your time efficiently, and accurately estimate how long it takes you to complete a goal. If you have unexpected downtime, you proactively look for other tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you will be representing our brand to customers.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly and accurately. Basic knowledge of Excel is helpful but not required.
- Familiarity with Shopify and ShipStation is not needed, but is a plus.
- Ideally has a car and is willing to occasionally drive to our factory in South SF (mileage will be reimbursed).
- A dog lover! Dogs are welcome in the office and our mini goldendoodle will be there every day.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer competitive hourly pay as well as perks including:
- Unlimited high-quality pet products.
- The ability to take your dog to work.
- A beautiful well-lit office in the Mission District.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are excited by this role (please note: resumes without a cover letter will not be evaluated).