The Foggy Dog designs products for the modern pet parent that are as beautiful as they are functional. Pets are family, and that’s why our beds, toys and accessories are all made in the U.S. with the highest-quality materials and obsessive attention to detail. And, every order helps a pup in need.
Since launch, we have been featured in publications including Oprah Magazine, Real Simple, and Southern Living, and partnered with retailers including Anthropologie, Nordstrom, CB2 and over 300 independent boutiques around the world.
We are a small (but mighty) team, and this role is a great way to join an ecommerce startup from the ground up. We are looking for employees who take ownership over their role and have the potential to grow with us and take on even bigger roles over time.
We are looking for a full-time Operations Assistant to help with order fulfillment, inventory management, and basic merchandising tasks. Our normal business hours are M-F 9am-5pm but during the holiday season we will expand to weekend shifts as well. Our office is located in the Mission District of San Francisco. This position is non-exempt and compensation is $16-17/hour depending on experience.
ECOMMERCE ORDER FULFILLMENT
- All aspects of online order fulfillment, both retail and wholesale.
- Prepare/pick/pack shipments for online orders.
- Print shipping labels via ShipStation.
- Process customer returns and exchanges.
- Work with customer service to troubleshoot order issues.
- Physically receive new inventory: inspect and QC, count, sort, fold, and tag.
- Perform inventory audits from time to time, updating our online inventory system.
- Pick, pack and ship outbound shipments to press and sales clients as needed.
- Prior similar experience desired but not required. Retail or operations experience helpful.
- Able to work independently after training (proactively asking questions when needed).
- Very organized, responsible, conscientious, self-starting, extreme attention to detail, and high-quality standards.
- Comfortable learning new software programs, using Google docs, email, etc.
- Must speak fluent English.
- An affection for dogs (our mini goldendoodle will be in the office)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
For full-time employees, we offer a comprehensive package including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Generous Foggy Dog product allowance
- And of course, adorable dogs everywhere!
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are excited by this role.