The Foggy Dog designs products for the modern pet parent that are as beautiful as they are functional. Pets are family, and that’s why our beds, toys, and accessories are all made in the U.S. with the highest-quality materials and obsessive attention to detail. And, every order helps a pup in need.
We are a small (but mighty) female-founded team, and this role is a great way to join an eCommerce startup from the ground up.
The Foggy Dog is looking for a Merchandise Planner to join our rapidly growing business. You will play a critical role in deciding how to allocate inventory investment across the products we create. Your analysis will uncover insights that guide the rest of the team and ensure that we have the right products in the right quantities for our four-legged customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience with inventory planning in apparel or another seasonal, high-SKU category with size and/or color variations. We are open to part-time and/or remote for this role.
This role reports directly to the founder and CEO with a dotted line to the CFO.
- Develop pre-season and in-season demand forecasts to maximize sales and in-stock levels, optimize inventory turn, and drive profitable growth across our e-commerce and wholesale businesses
- Continually monitor inventory levels and take responsive actions to maximize sales and maintain optimal use of OTB dollars
- Work closely with Product Development, Operations, and Marketing to ensure business and customer demands are being met
- Collaborate with the production team on timely and accurate execution of purchase orders to ensure accurate inventory levels, mitigate backorders and achieve in-stock goals
- Develop, execute and communicate color and size plans and inventory buys
- Prepare sales, margin, and inventory forecasts with monthly open-to-buy forecast meetings with the leadership team
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly hindsight of performance to plan
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Finance, Operations, Retail Management, or Business Management (or equivalent work experience).
- 3+ years of relevant experience with merchandise planning for apparel or another high SKU count category, ideally in a startup environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets including the ability to work with extremely large data sets, Pivot Tables, index/match, and logical formulas.
- A solid understanding of retail math, merchandising financials, and profitability KPIs.
- Comfort with ambiguity and passion/excitement for building new tools and processes.
- Team player with a proven ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Positive, can-do attitude; willing to pitch in wherever is needed to get the job done.
- Highly organized with excellent detail orientation.
- Experience with Shopify is a plus, as is experienced with Inventory Planner (the forecasting/PO software we use).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer a comprehensive package including:
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Generous Foggy Dog product allowance.
- The ability to bring your dog to work (please do!)
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are excited by this role.
The Foggy Dog is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations, and nationalities.