The Inventory Coordinator plays a critical role in ensuring that our inventory is accurate and meets our quality standards. This role reports to the Operations Manager.
The Foggy Dog designs products for the modern pet parent that are as beautiful as they are functional. Pets are family, and that’s why our beds, toys and accessories are all made in the U.S. with the highest-quality materials and obsessive attention to detail. And, every order helps a shelter dogs in need.
Since launch, we have been featured in publications including Oprah Magazine, Real Simple, and Southern Living, and partnered with retailers including Anthropologie, Nordstrom, CB2, Paper Source and over 300 independent boutiques around the world.
We are a small (but mighty) female-founded company, and this role is a great way to join an ecommerce startup from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on a fast-growing company while gaining invaluable exposure to all aspects of running an ecommerce business. We are looking for employees who take ownership over their role and have the potential to grow with us and take on even bigger responsibilities over time.
- Receive new inventory from our factory partners:
- Inspect and QC all incoming inventory in a timely fashion to ensure that it meets our quality standards
- Sort, fold, and tag as needed
- Update quantities in our inventory management software
- Assign inventory to the correct location in stock and backstock
- Perform weekly and quarterly physical inventory audits to ensure accurate quantities
- Organize the backstock so that inventory is always easily visible and accessible
- Restock products on a daily/weekly basis as needed
- ·Oversee and manage levels of packaging supply (boxes, mailers etc.)
- Assist with other tasks and projects as needed
- The ideal candidate will have a car, as our main factory is located in south San Francisco
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail. A perfectionist who wants to get things right
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly and accurately
- Knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets including beginner-level formulas. Comfortable with basic math and numbers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent and conscientious about adhering to quality standards
- A born problem solver who is never satisfied with the status quo and constantly wants to improve
- Quick learner who asks questions when needed, and solicits feedback at key points
- Superb time management skills. You use your time efficiently, and accurately estimate how long it takes you to complete a goal. If you have unexpected downtime, you proactively look for other tasks
- Familiarity with Shopify is not needed, but is a plus
- Must be able to lift around 30lbs
- Positive and can-do with a willingness to roll up your sleeves & take on any task that’s needed. A desire to get things DONE above all else
- A dog lover! Dogs are welcome in the office and our goldendoodle is there every day
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a comprehensive package including:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Generous Foggy Dog product allowance
- And of course, adorable dogs everywhere!
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Inventory Specialist” in the subject line. We are a small team and every hire has a huge impact on the company, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our team. Please note that we will not evaluate resumes without cover letters.
The Foggy Dog is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations and nationalities.